Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV)
Most filters are labeled with a MERV rating number, which measures a filter’s ability to trap particles ranging in size from 3.0 microns to 10.0 microns.
Residential filters commonly have MERV ratings of 1-12. The higher the MERV rating, the more efficient the filter is, and the more particles it can filter.
- A MERV rating of 6 means the filter is 35% to 50% minimum efficient at capturing the measured particles.
- A MERV rating of 8 means the filter is 70% to 85% minimum efficient at capturing the measured particles.
- A MERV rating of 11 means the filter is 85% to 95% minimum efficient at capturing the measured particles.
Save Energy Costs
Changing your filter every 2 or 3 months reduces your carbon footprint and lowers your energy bill.
Napoleon MERV 11 Filter
- Includes 5 1/4″ deep media filter
- Heavy gauge galvanized steel cabinet and powder coated snap on door
- Convertible for Electronic Air Cleaners